Nothing Labs now has a laser cutter!
The Full Spectrum 40 Watt Laser Cutter showed up about a week ago.
Here’s a video documenting my experience thus far:
– It works pretty well!
– Deluxe package really includes everything you need to start cutting for $2500 with shipping
– 40 Watt laser can handle up to 1/4″ acrylic / MDF / other stuff
– Documentation does exist – and is mostly decent (you can check this out online)
– U.S. support base / active online forums
– USB support – with “print to cut” style drivers
– Manual z-axis is easy to get off-level / difficult to re-align / is generally dodgy
– Air pump (external) overheated and failed after a few hours (fortunately had one on hand)
– “Spotting” laser pointer had a bad connector
In short – I’m quite happy with it.
Update: Full Spectrum says they haven’t gotten other reports of air pump failures – and offered to replace mine.
Starting this week – name plates for the Nothing Labs Electronic Cloud Chamber will be laser cut: